Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swim, Bike, Run!!!!!!!!!




I SURVIVED!!!!

This past Sunday I did the Deschutes Dash Sprint Triathlon in Bend and had an absolute BLAST! I am still on a "Tri High" and want to do another one already!

My final time ended up being 2 hours and 3 minutes. Which was 39 minutes slower then the fastest person in my age group and only 1 minute and 30 seconds slower then my sister, Tricia. I am really proud of my time and already have a goal of finishing in less then 2 hours next time! The swim was COLD and I had a really hard time catching my breath, I think next time I will plan on getting in the water a few minutes before the race starts so that I can get used to the water. I swam the 1300 yards in 20 minutes. The bike was absolutely awful for the first 6.5 miles. It was all up hill and SO many people passed me. I kept thinking, if i hear "to your left" one more time I will just cry. I cannot believe how slow and hard the bike was for me, but the downhill part was fantastic haha. I did the 12.5 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes. The run part is what Im most proud of because if you know me, I HATE to run! I never run much more then a mile without stopping to walk, I just really really HATE to run. BUT I pushed myself and even after being exhausted from the swim and bike, I ran the 5K in 33 minutes! Another thing that could have really helped to cut my time down is my long transitions. After my bike ride I couldnt find my spot where all my stuff was and once I found it, I couldnt get my bike back on the rack so that was an extra minute or so that I could have done without!

I had so much fun and had a smile on my face the WHOLE time (well I probably wasnt smiling for the first half of the bike ride. But 2 deer crossed the street right in front of me and my bike and that made me smile!) Brandon just told me tonight that it is funny how I am not competitive at all. He video taped the whole thing and during the swim I spotted him multiple times and stopped to wave, I even yelled up at him from the water at one point. It really is such an awesome feeling to cross that finish line and know that although Im not competitive and not in it to win, I really pushed myself, tried my best and had a blast!

Thats all for now, I will write and post some pictures about the rest of our weekend in Bend another night!



-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment