Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update on the Laws Family


It's been quite a while since I, Brandon Laws, have had a chance to write a blog post. Well, I wouldn't say I haven't had a chance, but I clearly have been lazy to do so :-)

Things have been a lot of the same for me. Basketball once a week on Thursdays, a few Blazer games sprinkled in here and there, and of course, work.

Speaking of work, it has been great. I have been given some great opportunities and been able to freshen up a lot of our marketing materials and processes over the last few months, and it has been quite a learning experience for me. I even, Friday during the day, taught an Intermediate Excel Class to about 20 of our employees at Xenium. Even though I didn't do as well as I had thought I could, it was a great learning experience for me and I was glad to get the chance to teach others what I know and have learned over the years.

Angela and I have both realized that it is time to get back into the gym. At the start of February we are going to enroll at the local YMCA in Sherwood, down the road from our place. We both noticed we haven't been the healthiest two people in the world since we have been married, but I think it was partly the dark and gloomy winter nights that got us sitting on the couch most evenings - but I also think it was those Blazer games on TV that got me :-)

Family things that are going on: my brother, Darren, just graduated from PSU and is looking to either pursue a master's program or possibly to go out and get some experience. Either way, he is one smart guy and I am really proud of him for finishing.

My cousin Alishia just had a baby. Owen Clay Young was brought into this world on a very snowy night in Tualatin and he is the most precious baby ever! John and Alishia will be great parents!

That's about it for now, but I am sure Angela has some other exciting things to share with everyone soon; like recipes on her favorite dishes or even what just happened on Teen Mom, a ridiculous reality TV show on MTV that I had to watch with her one evening last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment