Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eating Well Serves Two

I got a few cookbooks as wedding presents and finally took some time to go through them. One of the books, "Eating Well Serves Two" has recipes for quick, healthy meals for two people. PERFECT! I found a recipe for beer battered fish tacos with an avacado salsa and decided to give it a try. Here is the recipe:

beer battered fish tacos

3 Tbls flour
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 cup of beer
8 ounces tilapia fillet cut into 1 inch wide strips (I used two small pieces of fish)
2 tsp oil
4 corn tortillas warmed

combine flour, cumin, salt, cayenne and then whisk in the beer to make batter and coat the fish pieces with the batter and drop into a pan that is over medium high eat with the oil. Took about 2-3 minutes on each side to cook and get brown.

tomato and avacado salsa

combine 1 diced tomato, 1/4 cup red onon, 1/2 minced jalepeno, 3 Tbls lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper. Then, stir in 1/2 diced avacado and 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.

They were SO yummy. Brandon and I loved our dinner! The fish tacos took no time at all to prepare or make and the salsa took a little while to chop everything but it had so much flavor!

So yummy that I had to share!
-Ange

2 comments:

  1. I wish Joel liked fish so I could make these for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon is at a blazer game and I had leftover salsa and tortillas so I did the same exact thing but with chicken and it was pretty tasty too!

    ReplyDelete