Friday, February 19, 2010

Life is GREAT!!

What a wonderful week it has been!

It started with Brandon and I getting memberships at the local YMCA last Friday and we have actually gone 5 outta the 7 days. (okay okay, I went 4 because I refused to get up one morning when the alarm went off way too early!) :-) But still, I am pretty proud of myself for going 4 times and actually have decent work outs, too. This morning I decided to go swim and I was praying that it would be empty but there were 2 people in each lane except one. So I joined that lane and we just split the lane which is nice because I can go at my own pace. However about 15 minutes into it, a woman joins our lane so we then have to circle swim which gave me major anxiety because I then felt like I was being chased by the older, super fast guy that was on my tail hahaha. So, I decided that was enough swimming for one day! ;-)

I have also been really into cooking this week. We both decided we wanted to try eating a lot healthier and to also try not to go out so that we can save some extra money! I went grocery shopping last Friday and bought tons of produce and some other healthier choices of snacks and foods. Which is a daily bummer when I wanna snack on something bad for me and we dont have anything here! ;-) As far as our meals have gone, everything I made this week we have really liked. I have been making recipes from a few cookbooks that I have. I made stuffed peppers one night, home made Fettucini Alfredo with parmesan zucchini on the side, crunchy lime tilapia with orange flavored green beans and red pepper on the side and then tonight we had crab and herb pasta with salad. So it has been fun to be able to try some new recipes and to stay in every night and not go out and spendy money!

I have also been busy at work this week. I normally have Friday and Sunday off but last Sunday we had an open house which was packed with lots of new people and we got a good amount of enrollments and tons of trial classes scheduled which was great! Oh, and I have made my tv debut! Keep it local on channel six came and taped one of the parent/child classes I teach and interviewed the owner/gym director and a few of the parents and that aired this week so things have been going great at work and I am even heading up to Seattle with the owner/gym director and the assistant gym director for a training this weekend.

Some really exciting news that happened this week is that one of my very best friends, Christina and her boyfriend, Andrew are ENGAGED! He proposed on Valentines Day and I am beyond excited for the two of them. She asked me to be one of her Bridesmaids and I am so honored to get to play a special part in their big day!

The cherry on top to this week has definitely been the beautiful weather. How can you not be in a good mood when the sun is shining in February, right?

I hope that everyone who is reading this had a fantastic week as well!
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment