Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Addition to the Laws Family

Angela and I have been talking about it for years and we finally decided to do it since we now have our own home. It was sort of an impulse decision, due to the fact that it came together in a matter of hours, but we finally added a puppy to our family.

Our new puppy, Mia, is a mix of Yorki, Shitzsu and Lhasa Apso, and will get no larger than 12 lbs from my understanding. I never wanted a large dog, so Mia is a manageable size for Angela and I.

We picked Mia up on Saturday afternoon and spent the remainder of the evening getting the bare essentials for Mia and showing her off to our family members. It's always funny to me how a puppy can always warm a person's heart... even if they aren't a fan of dogs!

The first night was an experience. Let me say that I am quite a sucker when it comes to whimpering. At 2 am, soft cries gradually turned into real cries, which led Angela to get up and immediately take Mia outside. I'd like to say it stopped there, but it continued every time we put her back in the crate.

If you guessed that I couldn't handle the cries, you are right. I brought her out and had her sleep in the bed with us after the second pass at putting her in the crate around 3:00am. On the first night with a new home, we would have been wise to let Mia cry it out instead of bringing her into the bed with us, but my gosh did she look comfortable!

She slept very well in the middle of us, and quite honestly, even though it might of taught her a bad habit of sleeping on the bed, I'm okay with it. I love this little fur-ball!

Check out this video of Mia and her first evening with her new parents.




1 comment: