Saturday, February 5, 2011

Much Has Happened

At Buffalo Wild Wings
It seems like eons since either Angela or I have written on this blog; but I suppose it has really only been since November that one of us posted something... Ah yes, it was a picture of our lovely new home that Angela posted, before it was actually 'our' home.

Well, I came to officially announce that we have purchased and moved in to our new home, which is our first. (Yeah, I know, I am a few months late on writing about this!)

Entry way to our home
It seems like it has been a long time coming for this point in our lives. Still, I don't think it has fully hit me what we have accomplished. All the hard work Angela and I have put in to working while going to school and going to school while working, has paid dividends for us, and we are truly blessed to be in the position we are in. I often think about how many days, nights and weekends we gave up just to work a little bit harder to accomplish our goals.

To think that Angela and I paid our way through college, paid for a wedding, and then put a chunk of our savings down on our home and to still be ahead financially, seems like an impossible thing to accomplish for a couple of young people nowadays, but we did it!

I now ask myself, "what next?"

Funny thing is, I have known what is next for a long time and think about it every single day, just as I did with the previous accomplishments. I am a true believer in positive thinking and goal making, because as long as you stay up and keep pushing to achieve the goals, there is no way you cannot hit them; even if they seem far-fetched in the beginning. As you move forward, you always inch a little bit closer each time.

So what is next on the list? Child, rental property, 2nd rental property and own, but not directly manage, a business - in that order exactly.

These goals are shared by Angela and I, but I am very confident that she would be perfectly content with only hitting the first goal in that list (a Child)!

This is a short post, but I promise to write a little more often for personal reasons. I have been so stuck in business mode and writing for other people that I haven't made the time to write about us!

If you want to see what I have been doing for business writing, I built a website to deliver marketing content to owners, executives and marketing professionals in the small business sector at www.brandonlaws.com. I also do some freelance writing for www.jasonhartman.com and www.speakingofwealth.com for those that may have some interest in business and investing.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how you guys are doing; and your new house is so awesome. Sometimes no matter how bad you want something or how much "positive thinking" you may do, things don't always work out the way we plan them. Be open to the spontaneity life requires of us.
    I am living this reality right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think adjusting goals to the curve balls life throws us is the right approach.

    Hope all is well, Brit.

    ReplyDelete